- Intermediate or equivalent with minimum 50% marks, from an accredited institution.
- NTS (NAT I) as per CIIT policy.
- Minimum: 8 Semesters; 4 Years
- Maximum: 12 Semesters; 6 Years
Minimum 139 Cr. Hrs.
BS Software Engineering is designed to prepare students for careers in software
engineering, software project management, and software development and integration.
This outcome includes developing technical competency as well as leadership and
communication skills necessary to analyze, design, verify, validate, implement,
and maintain software systems. CIIT software engineers learn how to apply the principles
of computer science, engineering, and analysis to the design, creation, testing,
and evaluation of software and digital systems.
Software Engineering covers a wide spectrum of areas within the field of software
engineering, ranging from the theoretical to practical. A software engineer can
specialize in areas such as software engineering, requirement engineering, quality
engineering, software testing and project management .
It is a four years program consisting of eight semesters. The maximum duration for
completion of this degree is twelve semesters. The degree is awarded on completion
of minimum 133 credit hours, including six credits for the project, with a passing
CGPA of at least 2.0/4.0.
Students will be able to successfully:
- Develop software requirements and functional specifications
- Use proven techniques to design software structure before it is implemented
- Apply established verification and validation techniques
- Understand the importance of constructing large software systems using standardized
components and reusing existing code (modules) where possible
- Use software tools as effective aids in all phases of software development
- Design, develop and deliver software in a cost-effective manner
- Understand new technologies
The Bachelor of Software Engineering is concerned with the design, construction,
operation and maintenance of software systems. This course provides students with
the technical expertise to design and construct software, and management skills
needed to plan and operate complex software systems. Students will gain skills and
become capable of creating stand-alone, mobile, networked, and web based software
solutions for a range of different domains. Software Engineering graduate has the
option to work in many different sectors such as software industry, telecommunications,
finance, health care, manufacturing, retailing, security, transport, etc. Other
engineering areas like aeronautical, automotive, building, electrical, etc. also
have increasing needs for software engineering. The entertainment industry with
video games and movie animation too has a large demand for Software Engineers. In
addition the SE program develops a strong background for pursuing higher education
Students are eligible for admission if they have Intermediate or equivalent (‘A’
Level) with minimum 50% marks from accredited institution and *NTS-NAT
test score with minimum 50% marks.